John Badger of the TechSight/X® Mobility Team Leads A Discussion on the Future of Tablets in Aviation at NextGen Ahead Conference
When airline operators, federal regulators, and technology specialists gather in Washington, D.C., for Aviation Week’s Air Transportation Modernization Conference next week, one topic will be how airlines will ride the tablet wave that is sweeping the aviation industry.
The TechSight/X team’s John Badger, director of Customer Engagement and lead of Flight Operations and Mobility programs, moderates a panel “Tablets in the Cockpit.” He brings perspective as a technology vendor that supports the delivery of flight operations and maintenance information across iOS, Android, and Microsoft mobile platforms.
John will be joined by:
- Nancy Welsh, Principle Marketing Manager, Flight Information Solutions, Rockwell Collins
- Brian Hint, Future Flight Technologies Branch, AFS-430, FAA Flight Standards Service
- Josh Kendrick, Managing Director, Flight Technology and Regulatory Compliance, FedEx Express
The distinguished panel will address cost-value benefits on investments in tablets and strategies for tablet implementation. The group will also discuss:
- The latest in regulatory considerations, such as FAA certifications and compliance issues.
- How tablet capabilities can be maximized to ensure that end users get the right information (weather, runway updates, airport situations, etc) at the right time for real-time intelligence.
- Technology outsourcing options to support tablet projects and integrations.
- What: Air Transportation Modernization Conference
- When: September 9-11, 2013
- Where: The Dupont Circle Hotel, Washington, DC
- Event Website: https://events.aviationweek.com/current/nextgen/index.htm
About John Badger
John has more than 20 years of experience in the aviation and aerospace industries. He has held positions in operations, training, aircraft acquisition, IT implementation and program management. John has more than 10,000 hours of flight time worldwide as an Airline Captain and has been the Chief Pilot for two airlines. John also has served as part of the certification team for three airline certificates and led the effort for one of the first Class 2 EFB programs in North America. John uses his experience to help customers embrace new technologies to manage their content, deploy it to front-line employees, improve safety, increase efficiency, and lower costs.
Prior to joining the TechSight/X team, John was an Airbus A320 Captain flying in China and a consultant facilitating EFB adoption for various airlines.
About the TechSight/X Suite of Products
The TechSight/X suite of products (stagingtechsightx.infotrustgroup.com) is the leading independent solution for technical information management developed specifically for the aerospace industry. For more than 25 years, the world’s largest airlines and aerospace manufacturers have relied on the TechSight/X suite of products to create, manage, and deliver large volumes technical information in support of the production, operation, and maintenance of aircraft throughout their lifecycle. Today, the TechSight/X suite of products is in production at many of the largest airlines around the world, and both OEMs and commercial and cargo carriers use the TechSight/X suite to increase the efficiency of authoring, managing, and processing their data to keep it timely, accurate, and industry-compliant.
Contact: Julie Fouque, Flatirons Solutions, Inc., Julie.Fouque@flatironssolutions.com, +1 303. 627.6535.